Welcome to the Thrifty Family Travel Blog!
At Thrifty Family Travels we believe that travelling the world doesn’t have to stop the minute you have kids. We also believe it doesn’t need to be expensive or all about Disneyland (although the odd trip is still pretty cool!).
As the name suggests we are all about going on family adventures across the globe, looking for the best deals and saving money wherever we can without ever compromising our experience. We also love to splurge every now and again – who doesn’t!!!
The aim of our website is to inspire you to get out and see this great big wide world with your kids. Whether its international travel, interstate or even around your own city. Family adventures are everywhere!
In every destination we visit, we will show you all the best
Want to know more about who we are? Read more here.
Do you want to start planning your next family adventure? Then keep reading below.
Are you a brand that wants to work with us? Find out what we can offer you here.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next Family Adventure!
One of the best ways to travel with kids is light! Lugging around lots of bags and trying to wrangle kids is stressful. So we can help you with not only what to pack but also on how to travel light.
Where to go
Need inspiration on where to go? Check out our destination guides from the above menu, or you can read about our more recent travels by clicking the links below:
- Vietnam – whether you are wondering which are the best places to visit in Vietnam, which is the best Halong Bay Cruise or what to pack for your Vietnam family holiday – we have you covered.
- Lombok – want to know what things to do in Lombok with the kids? or where to stay in Lombok? We will show the most gorgeous places to visit.
- Bali – confused as to where to stay in Bali with the kids or what to do? Let us help.
- Melbourne – so many great things to do in Melbourne with kids you don’t know where to start? Let us give you some ideas.
- Noosa- looking for things to do in Noosa or the best
family friendlyNoosa beachfront accommodation – we have the insider tips.
- Far North Queensland – whether you want tips for things to do in Cairns with the kids, or what to see in Kuranda and the Daintree we can help from our own experiences.
We have tips and recommendations on various destinations from around the world – just click on the destination tab in the menu above. Destinations include Asia, Australia, New Zealand and North America.
Are you struggling with knowing what travel gear you need for your family trip? Need tips on packing, what backpack to by or maybe looking for inspiration for travel gifts for the kids – we have information and reviews on a variety of travel gear.
Talk to Us
We are travel bloggers and unlike
You can also join our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. We even have a newsletter where we will send all our blog posts direct to your inbox as well as any special deals that we hear about.
Read our Latest Blog Posts
Please find below latest deals for attractions and accommodation around Queensland. I'd recommend you check this list before booking a holiday in Queensland or even whilst you're on holiday in Queensland to ensure you get the best bang for your buck! ...
Noosa with kids is a perfect family holiday. Located 90 minutes’ drive north of Brisbane on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, Noosa is home to the best Sunshine Coast beaches and in fact some the of the best beaches in the world. In 2017 Noosa was rated in the top...
Heading to Melbourne with the family and wondering what are the best things to do in Melbourne with kids? Well you have come to the right place because I absolutely love spending time in Melbourne and with so many great family things to do in Melbourne I put them...