Looking for somewhere to stay in Glenelg? Accommodation options are varied including Glenelg Apartments, Glenelg hotels and Glenelg Beach Accommodation.
Many of the apartments and hotels Glenelg, Adelaide offers are very close to the beach, without having the ocean view price tag. Whatever your budget, if you are looking for something a bit luxurious with ocean views, or family friendly and comfortable, you will find the perfect accommodation detailed here.
- 1 Glenelg Accommodation
- 1.1 1. Stamford Grand Glenelg
- 1.2 2. Oaks Glenelg
- 1.3 3. Glenelg Pier Hotel
- 1.4 4. Watermark Hotel Glenelg
- 1.5 5. Big 4 – Glenelg Caravan Park
- 1.6 6. Seawall Apartments Glenelg
- 1.7 Download our FREE Printable Packing Checklist!!
- 1.8 We will email you a link to your FREE packing checklist.
- 1.9 7. Comfort Inn Glenelg
- 1.10 8. Glenelg Beach Hostel
- 1.11 9. Glenelg Motor Inn – Atlantic Tower
- 1.12 10. Airbnb Glenelg
- 2 Getting to Glenelg
- 3 Things to do in Glenelg
1. Stamford Grand Glenelg
The Stamford Grand Hotel Glenelg is located on Jetty Road at Glenelg. Bordering Moseley Square, the Grand Hotel Glenelg overlooks Jimmy Melrose park and out to the ocean, or to Adelaide City and Adelaide Hills. The Stamford Grand Glenelg is central to the beach, restaurants at Moseley Square and shopping precinct of Jetty Road.
- Facilities at the Stamford Hotel Glenelg include gymnasium, heated pool with views over the ocean, sun beds, pool dining menu and spa;
- The Stamford Glenelg have fully refurbished grand rooms, containing 2 double beds, bathroom and your choice of city view, ocean view or ocean view with balcony, laundry service and tea and coffee making facilities;
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Stamford Plaza Glenelg was $158 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
The Oaks Glenelg is located on the Promenade at Glenelg. These Glenelg holiday apartments are only a 4 minute walk to the beach and Moseley Square, where you will find restaurants and other entertainment.
- Facilities at the Oaks Plaza Pier Glenelg include WiFi, gymnasium, swimming pool and spa;
- The Oaks Pier Glenelg have apartments with 2 Bedrooms, Park View offers a balcony and kitchen with refrigerator;
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Oaks Hotel Glenelg was $339 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
3. Glenelg Pier Hotel
The Glenelg Pier Hotel is located on the Promenade at Glenelg. Only minutes to the beach, The Pier Hotel Glenelg has uninterrupted ocean views from the dining areas and some rooms. The Pier Hotel Glenelg is a 4 minute walk to Moseley Square.
- Facilities at the Glenelg Pier Hotel include swimming pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium;
- Apartments have 1 Bedroom, and a fold out sofa in the living area, ducted heating and cooling, washer/dryer, complimentary unlimited WiFi, private balcony, flat screen TV, a secure underground car park, and a park view;
4. Watermark Hotel Glenelg
The Watermark Hotel Glenelg is located on the Anzac Highway at Glenelg. A 10 minute walk to the Beach and Moseley Square. The Watermark Hotel has a shady outdoor Bar and casual dining area, a buffet and coffee shop. Set back from the beach the Watermark Hotel overlooks the street scenes of Glenelg and Wigley Reserve.
- Facilities at the Watermark Hotel include Complimentary WiFi, Bottleshop, Buffet and Coffee Shop;
- A three bedroom apartment at the Watermark Hotel has 1 double bed and 4 single beds (comfortably sleeping up to 6 people) , free WiFi, fully equipped kitchen,TV and air conditioning.
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Watermark Hotel was $265 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
5. Big 4 – Glenelg Caravan Park
The Glenelg Caravan Park (officially called Adelaide Shores Caravan Park) is located on Military Road at West Beach, it is a 10 minute drive to Moseley Square. Bursting with family friendly fun, the Big 4 Adelaide Shores Caravan Park is only an 8 minute drive from the Adelaide Airport and a 3 minute drive to Drummond Golf Driving Range and Mini Golf. Absolute Beach frontage, and purpose built play and adventure areas, are sure to keep the little and big kids busy all day. The Glenelg Caravan Park offers Cabins, Sites and Eco Tents as accommodation options.
- Facilities include Kids Club during school holidays, adventure playground, lagoon style swimming pool, water park, toddlers playground and pool, and toy room;
- A permanent tent (think glamping!) includes 1 double bed and 1 bunk bed and access to a shared kitchen and bathroom – cabins and holiday homes also available;
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the permanent tent was $99 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com, cabins start at $149 for a family.
6. Seawall Apartments Glenelg
The Seawall Apartments Glenelg are beachfront, only 1 minute walk to the beach, 500m to The Beachouse, and close by restaurants and café’s. The Seawall Apartments are friendly and cosy, offering almost all the comforts of home.
- Facilities include free WiFi and free car parking. Guests enjoy a sun terrace with BBQ facilities;
- Spacious 2 bedroom apartments, fully equipped kitchen, separate living area, 2 person spa tub and private entrance;
- At the time of publishing the best rate was $298 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on Booking.com.
7. Comfort Inn Glenelg
The Comfort Inn Glenelg is located on the Anzac Highway at Glenelg. An 8 minute drive or 20 minute walk to the beach and Moseley Square. A regular bus service or even the tram travels near the Comfort Inn Glenelg, taking passengers to nearby shopping precincts, and to the beach.
- Facilities at the Comfort Inn Glenelg include free outdoor parking, free WiFi, swimming pool, restaurant, lounge/bar, babysitting service and guest laundry;
- A Family Room offers 1 queen Bed and 2 single beds, bathroom, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and room service;
- At the time of publishing the best rate was $126 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
8. Glenelg Beach Hostel
The Glenelg Beach Hostel is located on Moseley Street in Glenelg. A 2 minute walk to Moseley Square and another few minutes to the beach, The Glenelg Beach Hostel is a great budget conscious option when looking for Accommodation. Glenelg South Australia is a vibrant location, with a friendly feel, this extends to the Glenelg Beach Hostel, a great location at an affordable price.
- Facilities at the Glenelg Beach Hostel include, communal kitchen with complimentary tea, coffee and light breakfast, indoor fireplace in basement bar, Beer Garden with daily happy hour from 5 – 7 pm, free unlimited WiFi and laundry facilities;
- The Glenelg Beach Hostel is only suitable for a family of 3, with a triple room including 1 queen bed and 1 single bed and shared bathroom;
- At the time of publishing the best rate was $93 per night (including breakfast) for 2 adults and 1 child on booking.com.
9. Glenelg Motor Inn – Atlantic Tower
The Atlantic Tower Motor Inn, has views to Adelaide City and out to the ocean. If you are looking for one of the budget places to stay in Glenelg, why not try the Atlantic Tower Motor Inn? An 8-minute walk to the beach, and only a few more minutes to café’s and shopping in the well-known Jetty Road precinct.
- Facilities at this Glenelg motel include free parking, free WiFi and optional breakfast;
- The Modest Deluxe Triple Room offers large double and 2 single beds, a refrigerator, kettle and seating area;
- At the time of publishing the best rate was $159 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on Booking.com.
10. Airbnb Glenelg
Another good option for accommodation is Airbnb. Glenelg has some good options on Airbnb including private rooms, entire houses and gorgeous beach apartments.
If you are brand new to Airbnb, use this link and you will get $55 AUD in travel credit – woot woot!!
Getting to Glenelg
Glenelg is located 20 minutes outside of the city centre. You can drive or take a bus, but the easiest way is to take the tram from the Adelaide city centre and to the end of the line Stop 17 Moseley Square.
Things to do in Glenelg
Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that should make any bookings using my links, I may be paid a small commission at no extra cost to you. This allows me to provide this information free of charge – thank you for supporting our website.
Want to save this information for later?
Click on one of the images below and save it to Pinterest.