Hahndorf accommodation ranges in budgets and styles, from affordable family rooms and units, to luxury style chalets. The Hahndorf Caravan Park has plenty of outdoor play and game areas for children, while the Hahndorf hotels located on Main Street are close to unique attractions, restaurants and pubs. Whatever your budget or style there are some great places to stay in Hahndorf.
We absolutely loved Hahndorf during our recent visit to Adelaide. Being located only 25 minutes from Adelaide in the Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf is a great place to base yourself during your trip to Adelaide. You can easily explore the Barossa Valley, Victor Harbor, the Adelaide CBD and various other Adelaide regions from here and of course there are some great Hahndorf attractions too. There are some gorgeous places to stay in Hahndorf and when you return from a day of exploring there are some fantastic Hahndorf pubs and cafes for a meal. If we ever return to Adelaide this is definitely where I would like to stay.
This post focuses on the various hotels in Hahndorf. Click here to learn more about things to do in Hahndorf.
This post may contain compensated links. Please refer to my disclaimer here for more information.
Hahndorf Family Accommodation Map
Below is a map where you can see where some of the best family resorts Hahndorf offers families on a budget. Zoom in and out for a closer view.
Hahndorf Caravan Park
The Hahndorf Resort Tourist Park (also known as the Big 4 Hahndorf) is located on Mount Barker Road at Hahndorf. The family owned and operated Hahndorf tourist park is a 4 minute drive from the centre of Hahndorf. The setting is beautiful, well maintained grounds, vast open areas, rolling hills, and a lake with ducks and geese.
- Facilities at the Hahndorf Tourist Park include free WiFi, children’s playground, on-site bistro, swimming pool, jumping cushion, mini golf and covered barbeque area’s by the lake;
- The Big 4 Hahndorf has new 2 bedroom units containing 1 queen and 2 single beds, a separate living and dining area, bathroom and kitchenette with microwave, bar fridge, toaster and kettle;
- 94% of people on TripAdvisor rate Hahndorf Resort as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Hahndorf Resort was $159 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
The Manna Hahndorf
The Manna Hahndorf is located on Mount Barker Road in Hahndorf. This 4-star rated motel is within walking distance to the Somerled Winery a 10 minute walk, or only 2 minutes to Chocolate @ No. 5 for serious treats, another local attraction The Ceders at Hahndorf is a 6 minute drive, visit the vast garden here and explore the time stopped homestead.
- Facilities at the Manna of Hahndorf include free WiFi, off-street parking, restaurant available for breakfast, lunch and dinner (this is a separate facility located a 1 minute walk from the motel);
- The Manna of Hahndorf have fully refurbished Scandinavian style executive rooms, containing 1 king sized bed and 2 single trundles, complimentary Foxtel and a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, toaster, kettle and a private bathroom;
- 72% of people on TripAdvisor rate The Manna of Hahndorf as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Manna of Hahndorf was $223 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
The Hahndorf Motel is located in Main Street Hahndorf. Centrally located, the Hahndorf Motel is within walking distance to cafes and restaurants, a nearby creek adds a picturesque scene to the homely space. The German Arms Hotel is a 2 minute walk, and offers meals and a wide range of beer. For something unique and light hearted, the Fairy Garden is a 1 minute walk away. This is better suited to accommodate a family with older children, as 2 rooms will be necessary.
- Facilities at the Hahndorf Motel include free WiFi and free parking;
- The Hahndorf Motel have a deluxe room with 1 king bed or 2 twin beds, kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, and daily housekeeping;
- 68% of people on TripAdvisor rate the Hahndorf Motel as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Hahndorf Motel was $139 per night for 2 people on booking.com.
The Hahndorf Motor Lodge
The Hahndorf Motor Lodge is located on the Main Street in Hahndorf. Several Hahndorf cafes and restaurants are within a few minutes walk. One of the unique Hahndorf attractions, Udder Delights is a 9 minute walk, this specialty cheese cellar sells cheese made onsite using cows and goats milk. This hotel is better suited to a couple.
- Facilities at the Hahndorf Motor Lodge include free WiFi, free parking, air conditioning and a swimming pool;
- The Hahndorf Inn Motor Lodge offers a standard queen or twin room containing 1 queen or 2 single beds, private bathroom, refrigerator and microwave;
- 69% of people on TripAdvisor rate Hahndorf Inn Motor Lodge as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Hahndorf Inn Motor Lodge was $129 per night for 2 people on booking.com;
The Haus Hahndorf is located in Main Street in Hahndorf. Nearby attractions include Buzz Honey, a 1 minute walk, here you can learn about honey at the hive door, and taste and buy Buzz Honey. The Aboriginal Art House is a 2 minute walk, Aboriginal Art is exhibited here, and available for purchase. Restaurants and café’s are only a few minutes walk away.
- Facilities at the Haus Studio Apartments include free WiFi, guest laundry, restaurant facilities and use of the swimming pool at their sister hotel a 150m walk;
- The Haus Hahndorf have 2 bedroom studios containing 1 extra large double bed and 2 single beds, fully equipped compact kitchen, private bathroom, flat screen tv and air conditioning;
- 96% of people on TripAdvisor rate The Haus Hahndorf as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for The Haus Hahndorf Studio Apartments was $366 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
The Hahndorf Old Mill Hotel is located on Main Street in Hahndorf. The Old Mill Hotel is a great option for budget friendly accommodation. Hahndorf South Australia, set in the Adelaide Hills, is yet another fabulous wine region, only a 1 minute walk to Somerland Wines, where you can enjoy a glass of wine and platter. One of the historical hotels in Hahndorf, The Old Mill Hotel has onsite dining, or you can eat at a nearby café or restaurant.
- Facilities at the Hahndorf Old Mill Hotel include 2 dining areas, 3 bar areas, and buffet breakfast on Sunday mornings;
- The Hahndorf Old Mill accommodation includes a chalet with spa bath containing 1 double bed and 2 single beds, a spa, refrigerator and microwave;
- 54% of people on TripAdvisor rate the Hahndorf Mill as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Hahndorf Mill was $157 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on agoda.com.
Amble at Hahndorf
The Amble at Hahndorf is located on Hereford Avenue in Hahndorf. Adelaide accommodation is varied and abundant, the point of difference here is the beautiful cottage garden, filled with blooming roses and singing birds. You are welcome to amble through, enjoying the fragrant flowers and native birdsong. The Amble at Hahndorf is a 3 minute walk to Main Street.
- Facilities at the Amble at Hahndorf include free WiFi and free parking;
- The Amble at Hahndorf offers the amble fern spa apartment containing 1 king sized bed and 2 single beds, spa bath, private courtyard with barbeque, kitchenette with bar fridge, kettle and toaster, and air conditioning;
- 97% of people on TripAdvisor rate the Amble at Hahndorf as excellent or very good; and
- At the time of publishing the best rate for the Amble at Hahndorf was $231 per night for 2 adults and 2 children on booking.com.
Airbnb: Hahndorf Bed and Breakfast
If you are looking for a Hahndorf bed and breakfast, another good option is to check out Airbnb. Hahndorf has some good options on Airbnb including private rooms, entire houses and gorgeous Hahndorf B&B.
If you are brand new to Airbnb, use this link and you will get $55 AUD in travel credit – woot woot!!
Adelaide to Hahndorf – Getting to Hahndorf
The best way to get from Adelaide to Hahndorf is to drive yourself via a car rental. However if that is not possible there are also plenty of bus tours or buses that you can catch to reach Hahndorf.
The bus leaves Adelaide to Hahndorf daily. Catch the bus from bus stop D1 which is located at Currie Street Adelaide and goes to bus stop 55 on Main Street Hahndorf.
To return home leave Hahndorf from the same bus stop you arrived at and jump off at bus stop W3 in Adelaide which is located in Currie Street, near where you got on.
Buses leave regularly throughout the day, takes around 45 minutes and tickets cost approximately $4 per person each way. Click here for more details regarding the bus time table.
Things to do in Hahndorf
Headed to South Australia with the family? Then perhaps your interested in our following articles:
- A Guide to Adelaide with Kids: Things to do & Where to Stay
- A Guide to Victor Harbor with Kids: Things to do & Where to Stay
- Family Friendly Accommodation in Victor Harbor
- A Guide on Hahndorf with Kids
- Best Places to Visit in South Australia with Kids
- A Guide to Visiting the Barossa with Kids
- Things to do in Glenelg with Kids
- Best Places to Stay in Glenelg with Kids
Want to save this information for later?
Click on one of the images below and save it to Pinterest