This list has some of the most popular posts on Thrifty Family Travels. Destinations in this list include Australia, USA, Europe and South-East Asia. So if you’re in need of some inspiration on where to take the kids next, this is the list for you!
Melbourne is one of my favourite big cities in Australia. There is a heap of fun things to do with the kids and it’s so easy to get around with the free tram system. If you’re planning a trip to Melbourne with the kids, this is a must-read. Click here to read it now.
Plus if you’re off to Melbourne you might be interested in these posts too:
If you’re looking for a holiday at a stunning beach destination you really can’t beat Noosa on the Queensland Sunshine Coast. There are multiple beaches to choose from as well as the gorgeous calm waters of the Noosa River. Click here to check out our guide on Noosa.
Plus if you are planning a trip to Noosa you will probably want to check out this article on the best family accommodation in Noosa.
One of the most popular places in Queensland for a family holiday is the Gold Coast. Here you will not only find stunning beaches but the famous Gold Coast theme parks as well as a stack of other great family attractions. Click here to read our guide on the Gold Coast.
Plus if you are heading to the Gold Coast you will probably want to check out some of these articles too:
- The Best Family Accommodation on the Gold Coast
- Things to do in Surfers Paradise
- The Best Accommodation in Surfers Paradise
- The Ultimate Review on Dreamworld
Los Angeles is a popular spot for families visiting the USA. Not only is this where the world-famous Disneyland is located, but there are a stack of great fun family attractions. LA is also a great base to start your USA family trip. Click here to read our guide on Los Angeles with kids.
Plus if you’re headed to Los Angeles, you will probably want to read our guide on the Best LA Hotels for Families.
I think Adelaide is completely overlooked when it comes to family holidays. There are so many great destinations for families such as lovely beaches, fantastic museums and for Mum and Dad the Barossa. If you’re interested in taking the family to Adelaide, click here to read my full guide on Adeliade with Kids.
Plus if you are headed to Adelaide, you will probably want to check out these other guides:
- 12 of the Best Places to Visit in South Australia
- Best Adelaide Family Accommodation on a Budget
- Things to do in Glenelg
- Glenelg Accommodation for Families
- Things to do in Hahndorf
- Hahndorf Accommodation for Families
- Things to do in the Barossa with kids
- Victor Harbor with Kids
- Victor Harbor Accommodation for Families
Brisbane!! This is our hometown where we live, so we couldn’t leave this off our “Best Of List”. For families coming to the Gold Coast, you may well just find yourself flying into Brisbane and it is certainly well worth spending a few days to check it out. Click here to read our guide on Brisbane with kids.
If you’re coming to Brisbane with the kids you might want to check out these other Brisbane guides:
- 33 of the Best Day Trips from Brisbane
- Everything you need to know about visiting South Bank, Brisbane with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to a Family Holiday at Tangalooma Island Resort
- The Ultimate Guide to a Family Trip to North Stradbroke Island
- Farm Stays Qld – Tweeters Country Getaway
The Big Apple probably my favourite city in the entire world! I just love NYC. It’s also one of the best places to take the kids in terms of the number of great family-friendly attractions. If you’re planning on taking the kids to NYC, click here to check out our guide.
If you’re headed to Vietnam with the kids you will no doubt want to take them on an overnight Halong Bay cruise. But with so many cruises to choose from it can be rather daunting to choose the right one. Well in this guide we narrow it down for you, listing the best Halong Bay cruises for families. Click here to check out our guide.
Plus if you are going to Vietnam with the kids you will probably want to check out these other guides:
- 3 Weeks in Vietnam
- Where to go in Vietnam
- 4 Days in Hanoi
- 24 Hours in Ninh Binh
- Hoi An with Kids
- HCMC with Kids
- Nguyen Shack – Tours of the Mekong Delta Region
- Phu Quoc Accommodation
Cairns is the gateway to Far North Queensland and great place to base yourself. From the Great Barrier Reef, to Kuranda to the Daintree there is no shortage of things to see and do with the kids. Click here to read our full guide on visiting Carins with the Kids.
If you are thinking about going to Cairns with the kids, you probably should check out these guides too:
- Things to do in Kuranda
- Daintree Rainforest Tours – Things to do in the Daintree
- Things to do in the Atherton Tablelands
If your an Aussie family like us, spending a winter in Europe is probably high on the bucket list. We’ve written a detailed post on the exact itinerary we did during our month in Europe. Click here to check it out now.
Plus if you are headed to Europe you will probably want to check out these posts too:
- Is a Eurail Pass the Best Way to Travel Europe?
- 25 of the Best Winter Destinations to Visit in Europe
- 10 of the Best Things to in Madrid with Kids
- Visiting Vienna with Kids
- Swiss Travel Pass: Cheapest Way to Travel in Switzerland
- The Ultimate Guide to Lucerne with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to Wengen with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to Montreux with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to Berlin with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to Munich with Kids
- The Ultimate Guide for Visiting Paris with Kids
- Tips for Disneyland Paris
- A Guide to Prague with Kids
Another great big city in Australia with stacks to do with families is Sydney. From it’s stunning beaches to zoos and musuems there is no shortage of places to visit and things to do in Sydney with the kids. Click here to read our guide on Sydney with kids.
A favourite European city for most travellers is Paris. While it is said to be the city of love, it’s also a great city for families. There is a stack of great attractions for kids and of course there is Disneyland too! Click here to read our guide on Paris.
If you are coming to Paris with the kids, you might want to read these guides too: